Thank you for your interest in the Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) - 2017 Annual Club Championship organized by Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs), Brisbane QLD.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered.
There are 81 registered entries and 32 registered participants, judges, and stewards.
As of 12:02 AM, there are 80 received and processed entries (this number will update as entries are picked up from drop-off locations and organized for judging).
Rules and Conditions
1. The competition will be judged according to the following conditions and the fact of entry implies acceptance of these conditions.
2. Entries must be the product of the person(s) entering, each of whom must be a financial member of BABBs. Persons may enter jointly or individually. The Champion Beermaker grand prize is only open to members who were also financial members as of the current year’s February meeting.
3. Entries are restricted to a maximum of TWO per person per class, and a maximum of SIX entries per person for the entire competition. Joint entries count toward the limit for each person, but will have points tallied separately.
4. A particular batch of beer may only be entered once in the entire competition.
Bottle Entry Requirements
5. 750ml brown beer bottles (glass or PET plastic) are to be used. The bottles must be clean and free from chips, scratches, and/or flaws. Clear plastic PET bottles are not acceptable.
6. Each bottle must be sealed with a new, clean, unbranded, gold coloured crown seal of good quality (if a glass bottle) or with an unbranded clean white or black plastic cap of good quality (if a PET bottle).
7. There shall be no identifying marks on the bottle, the crown seal or plastic cap, or the reverse side of the label.
8. For safety during judging, all bottles must be degassed (chilled, opened and recapped) a few days before entry.
9. The air space measured from the top of the bottle shall be between 50mm and 70mm.
10. Labels are to be printed from the ‘Entries’ section of your account on this registration site. Use the print logo under the ‘Actions’ column.
11. Printed labels from this registration site are mandatory for acceptance of entries. The labels are to be attached to the bottles, using clear adhesive tape that covers the whole label, and are to be set about 50mm up from the base of the bottle.
12. Entries by a Novice brewer, please mark your label clearly with an "N" for novice in the centre of the label. Do not mark the QR code. This makes you eligible for the champion novice prize. A Novice entrant is one who has never received a placing or a Gold, Silver or Bronze award in any previous annual BABB, Queensland State or National competition.
14. Beers made with any pre-hopped extract or kit, including fresh wort kits, must be marked clearly with a “K” for Kit beer on the centre of the label. Do not mark the QR code.
15. Entries will be accepted at the following times:
• Thursday, June 22nd 2017: June BABBs meeting
• Up until Midday, Saturday, 24th June 2017: Deliver to CraftBrewer Unit 2, 4 Christine Place, Capalaba,
Qld 4157, Ph. 07 3823 5252.
16. The executive determines the Entry Fee. (2017 - $3 per bottle)
17. Every care will be taken of Entries, but no responsibility for loss or damage will be accepted.
18. Serious infringement of these Rules and Conditions may subject the Entrant for disqualification from the competition and suspension from future BABB's competitions.
Unit 2, 4 Christine Place Capalaba. Qld 4157
Saturday 1 July, 2017 at 1:00 PM
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.